Living an Anti-Aging Lifestyle
With so many strategies on living a healthy lifestyle, the one that has the most significant impact when it comes to extending our lifespan is to ensure that our leptin and insulin levels are normalized. To achieve that, cutting our regular intake of sugar and grains, while at the same time increasing our exercises are definitely the effective steps to meet the need.
To reap the true benefit of slowing your biological clock to extend your longevity, you will need to embrace and change your daily lifestyle in totality to make it healthier. Some of the guidelines below will provide you with some recommendations and strategies to plan or implement your personal lifestyle to achieve a healthier path in meeting an optimum health level which enables you to give life the best shot towards your desire to live longer.
- Focusing mainly on organic as well as whole foods will help us to eat healthily in maintaining our health. It is the first step in the right direction to achieve a healthier and longer life.
- The major culprit when it relates to inflammation and has a direct impact is stress. Stress could actually lead to many more serious illnesses that could cause a person to die prematurely. Thus, the focal point in developing an effective mechanism to contain stress is the main factor to achieve a longer life. Among the viable methods which could allow us to maintain an equilibrium of emotional and mental levels are the physical exercises and activities. Meditation is also a great way to meet this need too. Using tools like the energy psychology is strongly encouraged as it allows us to reach deeper to solve any emotionally hidden problems. One such psychology tools is the Emotional Freedom Technique or in short, known as EFT.
- Keeping the Vitamin D levels optimum in our body is another sure way of benefiting our health. Vitamin D is freely available and in a very inexpensive mode to achieve good health. This need can be met easily during summer with a careful and safe exposure to the sun. While in the winter months, Vitamin D supplement could be taken orally. The daily Vitamin D3 recommended dosage for an adult is about 8,000 units.
- Antioxidant foods – Sources of foods that are rich with antioxidants are like blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, blackberries, beans, artichokes as well as cherries. Consume lots of them.
- Where synthetic pill and capsule is concerned, resveratrol is among the forerunners in the pharmaceutical race. In order for resveratrol to be beneficial to our health, it has to be taken in the natural form. Foods that are rich in resveratrol which is antioxidant are peanuts, mulberries, whole grape, and raspberries. Though it is also found in red wine, but however it is not advisable to drink wine for the sake of living longer as red wine is neurotoxin, which could poison the brain and causes great harm to the crucial hormonal balance in our body.
- Coconut oil is yet another beneficial anti-aging food which are inexpensive and easily obtainable. Among the many benefits, it helps to reduce cholesterol which will help lower the risk of heart disease. Coconut oil is easy to use because it could be eaten and at the same time could also be applied to the skin directly. This oil could be used as a replacement for butter, shortening and margarine. Almost all cooking needs could use coconut oil too.
- A moderate to vigorous regular exercise is the best to help prevent or delay hypertension, obesity, heart disease and osteoporosis as what have been proven in numerous studies. Though a lifetime of frequent exercises are the best, however, it is not too late to start now if you have not. In medical studies, senior folks in their 70′s have proven that regular exercises could help them to improve their strength as well as increasing their endurance. For those who prefer the high-intensity with training intervals, they are also helpful in the anti-aging process. This high-intensity training style stimulates the production of human growth hormone.
- Pharmaceutical drugs have bad side effects and as such, avoid them as much as possible. Yearly, thousands of people died prematurely due to these drugs. If you can maintain a healthy level of lifestyle, you do not need them anyway.
- As far as your daily life is concerned, always steer clear of pollutants, chemicals and toxins, which could also includes those personal hygiene products, bug sprays, household cleaners, insecticides, air fresheners and pesticides as they are harmful and toxic. Instead use the alternatives which are non-toxic.